Salary: Competitive, according to skills and experience
Waterman is an engineering and environmental consultancy operating across the UK and working on an exciting range of development projects. We are offering a predominantly office based role in our Bristol office to provide secretarial and administrative support to the WIE technical teams.
The successful candidate should have:
- At least two years of prior experience of working in a similar role
- Passion for excellent customer service, great communication (verbal and written English) and excellent people skills
- A proactive, cheerful, and resilient disposition
- A high level of accuracy and attention to written detail
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
Main duties & responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities of the Administrator are as follows:
- Support project managers in the production of accurate Sales Invoices;
- IMS/JSox – Project Set up and Maintenance – Use Agresso Financial Management system to accurately create new projects, create various financial reports. Update budgets/costs of project and work orders as requested. Ensure Compliance with JSox financial protocol and controls
- Liaising with suppliers, subcontractors and raising purchase orders in Agresso
- Liaise with external companies to coordinate CPD arrangements
- Maintain and regularly update the Microsoft Outlook Calendar for the regional teams;
- Integrated Management System (IMS): Quality and Environmental Management systems: ensuring quality system is adhered to within your teams and that the appropriate files are up to date. Responsibility also for completing project QA forms with relevant staff.
- Liaise with Facilities Management on general office supplies and office equipment maintenance;
- Assist with the completion of supplier questionnaires and liaise with the various departments (Accounts, H&S, Legal) as required
- Maintaining the software requirements within WIE and liaise with IT department
- Hotel, hire car and courier bookings
- Monitoring equipment sign in/out logs and calibration logs
Technical Support & Compliance
- Maintain the required training records on the Agresso system in support of the project management requirements of your team.
- Typing/formatting of general correspondence, for example letters, memos and meeting notes – distribute, dispatch and file, as appropriate.
- Reports and plans: formatting, photocopying, collating and binding of reports in line with IMS requirements, quality checks and presentation procedures.
- Maintain electronic project files, filing and other related documentation, in line with IMS procedures, as detailed on the Waterman Intranet. Archive projects when completed.
- Meetings: facilitate meetings with clients at Waterman offices – pre-book meeting rooms, notify Facilities Management and order/provide lunch/refreshments (where appropriate) and provide a meet and greet service on arrival. You must ensure that the meeting room is cleared once the meeting has finished.
- Help provide induction and off boarding to new starters and leavers in line with JSox and IMS procedures.
- Answer switchboard calls and take office deliveries.
Health and Safety
- Completion of in-house health and safety training;
- Order PPE through Facilities Management;
- Report any Health & Safety issues to your Director, Facilities Management or Office H&S Manager;
- Monitor stocks of paper, toner and plotter cartridges ordering before stocks are too low.
- Monitor first aid training requirements (new starters and renewal training).
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, interviews may be carried out online or face-to-face, where considered appropriate. The continued safety and welfare of our staff and potential staff remain a priority. We have a covid risk assessment in place for all of our offices, which remain open for staff and visitors, in accordance with the specific government guidelines in place for each region.