Salary: Competitive, according to skills and experience
To provide secretarial and administrative support to the Manchester Regional Directors and wider technical teams.
Main duties & responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities of the secretary are as follows:
- Support Regional Directors, Discipline Leaders and Project Managers in production of accurate Sales Invoices;
- Liaise with Regional Offices to obtain their invoicing projections and maintain central invoicing status;
- IMS/JSox – Project Set up and Maintenance – Use Agresso Financial Management system to accurately create new projects, create various financial reports. Update budgets/costs of project and work orders as requested. Ensure Compliance with JSox financial protocol and controls
- Client liaison – Provide solution-orientated feedback to both internal and external clients;
- Know the names of your teams’ client/contacts and pass on recorded information to other teams/departments who can assist with any queries or potential new work.
- Liaise with external companies to coordinate CPD arrangements
- Maintain and regularly update the Microsoft Outlook Calendar for the regional teams;
- Integrated Management System (IMS): Quality and Environmental Management systems: ensuring quality system is adhered to within your teams and that the appropriate files are up to date. Responsibility also for completing project QA forms with relevant staff.
- Organise transport/accommodation arrangements, as required and approved by Director/Regional Director, and provide travel itinerary;
- Liaise with Facilities Management on general office supplies and office equipment maintenance;
· Monitor of appointment documents and liaison with legal department
- Assist with the completion of supplier questionnaires and liaise with the various departments (Accounts, H&S, Legal) as required
- Maintaining the software requirements within WIE and liaise with IT department
- Archiving of project folders
- Booking hire cars (Zenith)
- Hotel booking (Premier In)
- Courier bookings
Technical Support & Compliance
- Compliance – Support the Operations Director in monitoring and reporting regional performance in several KPIs to ensure regional compliance (Design Validations, Project Sheets, 1-1 Appraisals).
- Maintain the required training records on the Agresso system in support of the project management requirements of your team.
- Co-ordinate and set up 1-1 sessions for all the cost centre
- Typing/formatting of general correspondence, for example letters, memos and meeting notes – distribute, dispatch and file, as appropriate.
- Reports and plans: formatting, photocopying, collating and binding of reports in line with IMS requirements, quality checks and presentation procedures.
- Maintain project files, filing and other related documentation, both electronic and hard copy, in line with IMS procedures, as detailed on the Waterman Intranet.
- Meetings, – ensure project files are up to date and provide meeting notes. Ensure location plans/addresses are provided for external meetings. Facilitate meetings with clients at Waterman offices – pre-book meeting rooms, notify Facilities Management and order/provide lunch/refreshments (where appropriate) and provide a meet and greet service on arrival. You must ensure that the meeting room is cleared once the meeting has finished.
- Provide induction and off boarding to new starters and leavers in line with JSox and IMS procedures.
Health and Safety
- Completion of in-house health and safety training;
- Order PPE
- Ordering through Facilities Management;
- Report any Health & Safety issues to your Director, Facilities Management or Office H&S Manager;
- Attendance at quarterly H&S Sub-Committee Meetings
Monitor stocks of paper, toner and plotter cartridges ordering before stocks are too low.
Monitor first aid training requirements (new starters and renewal training).
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, interviews may be carried out online or face-to-face, where considered appropriate. The continued safety and welfare of our staff and potential staff remain a priority. We have a covid risk assessment in place for all of our offices, which remain open for staff and visitors, in accordance with the specific government guidelines in place for each region.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com or complete and submit the form below.
All applications will be treated in confidence.
Waterman is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity.
*where a level of experience is indicated, this is a guideline only and represents the amount of time we would usually expect a candidate to accumulate the requisite level of experience. This does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience.