Arboricultural Consultant (Senior/ Principal Consultant) [Bristol / Redhill offices]
Waterman Infrastructure & Environment Ltd is a multi-disciplinary environmental and engineering consultancy operating across the UK with a strong profile in the environmental market. We are currently seeking an Arboricultural Consultant to join our environmental team in either our Bristol or Redhill office.
This is an exciting opportunity for the chosen candidate to work within a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team on a wide range of high profile projects. The role will provide variety, working on infrastructure and mixed-use development sites through to developments where smaller scale tree surveys and/ or technical advice is sought throughout the UK.
Candidates for the post must have:
• An Arboricultural Qualification that supports arboricultural consultancy work (Arboricultural Association Levels 4-6 or HND/ BA/ BSc/ FdSc), or proven equivalent consultancy experience;
• Experience of tree survey and providing consultancy advice in relation to demolition/ construction and arboricultural implications assessment (AIA) in accordance with BS5837:2012;
• Well-organised and succinct report writing abilities with experience of writing tree survey reports, AIAs and AMSs;
• A full driving licence and flexibility to travel if/as required in delivery of their work; and
• Effective organisational capabilities and good communication skills.
It would be desirable for the candidate to also have:
• An understanding of the Planning process and production of technical information to support Environmental Statements/EIA;
• A second qualification/ experience/ or specific interest in an allied professional area (e.g. landscape/ ecology etc);
• An ability to use AutoCAD 2015 to draft baseline tree survey data, produce protection plans and analyse third party plan-based data.
Due to the collaborative nature of the role, there is also considerable scope for supporting the work of other technical disciplines. Participation in business development and networking is actively encouraged, along with opportunities to progress technical and CPD aspects of professional development.
We are looking for people who are excellent team players and have a proactive and positive attitude towards working on, and delivering, projects on time. The role offers excellent career progression opportunities within a friendly and professional team that is proud of the quality of the service it delivers to its clients, and a clear vision for innovation.
If called for interview we will require the applicant to provide recent written and drawn examples of your work that demonstrate the breadth and type of projects you have delivered.
The benefits include a highly competitive salary according to skills and experience, together with the ability to salary sacrifice on a wide range of benefits that meet your personal lifestyle choices.
Waterman is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity.
All enquiries to email@example.com
All applications will be treated in confidence.
Closing date: 30 March 2018.