Waterman Infrastructure & Environment
Salary: Competitive, according to skills and experience
PURPOSE OF POST
As an Associate/Technical Director you will be involved in real projects from day one, with exposure to some of the most prestigious projects in the UK. We encourage and develop our people, providing them with a varied workload and the autonomy to work individually, as well as giving them the opportunity to make a valued contribution to the team.
Reporting to a Divisional/Regional Director, you will support them in delivering projects effectively to strict deadlines, whilst maintaining technical performance standards.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
There are various duties and responsibilities central to the role and these will assist you in reaching your full potential:
(1) To assist and deputise for the Technical and/or Regional Director in leading, managing and taking responsibility for the technical and commercial performance of one of the company’s profit centres and its commissions;
(2) To keep abreast of industry best practice and new developments in own area of technical expertise;
(3) To develop and maintain an effective network of contacts and participate in industry events (seminars, conferences, etc);
(4) To manage all technical and commercial aspects of commissions;
(5) To set and maintain technical standards;
(6) To review and approve work prepared by others;
(7) To comply with all safety and IMS procedures and ensure that staff do likewise.
To perform your role as an Associate/Technical Director, you will also be expected to demonstrate a number of competencies, as detailed below;
(1) Business & Financial Management
(2) Business Development
(3) Project Management
(5) Team Working & Communication
(6) Health & Safety
• Degree qualified Chartered Engineer / Chartered Transport Planner in a relevant discipline, or an Engineer with lower qualifications but a minimum 20 years relevant experience;
• Shall have a proven commercial awareness and judgement;
• Have the drive and self-motivation to continuously develop your skills;
• Be able to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and to be able to build and develop relationships, both internally and externally;
• Be able to demonstrate developing and maintaining an effective network of contacts;
• Ability to apply technical knowledge in analysing problems and creating solutions;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong attention to detail;
• Ability to lead and motivate staff by example;
• Be reliable and have a responsible attitude to work.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com or complete and submit the form below.
All applications will be treated in confidence. Waterman is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity. Where a level of experience is indicated, this is a guideline only and represents the amount of time we would usually expect a candidate to accumulate the requisite level of experience. This does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.