Climate Resilience Consultant (Principal or Senior), Corporate Strategy Environmental Management and Due Diligence
Waterman Infrastructure & Environment
Location: Flexible, though very regular attendance at our London office is expected.
Salary: Competitive, according to skills and experience
Are you an experienced climate resilience professional with a passion for delivering impactful change?
We’d like you to join our growing Environmental Management, Climate Resilience, Due Diligence and Responsible Investment team.
By joining our dynamic team, you’ll help provide our growing range of clients with new tools, analysis and strategic advice to enable them to identify, manage and act on the climate and environmental issues and impacts relating to their business.
Play an active role in climate scenario modelling and support clients report against frameworks including GRESB and TCFD (Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures). Help clients navigate Net Zero commitments and targets and be part of our innovation to launch “ClimateSpace” on Waterman’s environmental management product- Greenspace (www.legalregister.co.uk). ClimateSpace will be our client’s platform to assess and display their compliance against a growing number of climate and environmental rules and regulations. Work with our team and our clients to develop new climate resilience products and services in this fast-developing space.
This exciting role offers great opportunity for growth for you and the wider team. Waterman has set out a strong ambition to be leaders in providing a comprehensive suite of products and services that recognise the opportunities and navigate the complexities of climate change.
Day-to-day activities and your role in shaping our future:
- Undertake research for special Net Zero and climate risk projects, such as assessing the latest thought leadership, guidance, and commitments for the private sector.
- Track developments in Climate Resilience through social media and networking, and work with the team to provide insights into new and existing products and services.
- Expand and maintain Waterman’s networks and relationships in the areas of Sustainability, Climate Change and Climate Resilience, including participating in and attending relevant climate change events.
- Prepare high quality reports, presentations or other outputs as needed for projects and business development.
- Develop the climate offering within Greenspace and support clients in using the new tools and services to support their climate goals.
- Work directly with existing and potential corporate clients to understand their climate-related challenges and business needs, provide valuable insights, and develop winning proposals to advance their climate goals.
- Act as a climate champion across the organisation, where possible supporting multi-discipline bids and projects by contributing climate resilience knowledge and insights.
- Contribute to internal and external presentations, reports and digital marketing on topics related to climate resilience.
- Work with the team to support Environmental Management System and Due Diligence projects when required
- Work collaboratively with the team’s Regional Director to respond to and further develop opportunities related to climate resilience.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- A University Degree in a relevant discipline – such as climate change, environmental science or engineering.
- Significant experience (ideally three plus years*) working on climate change and/or climate resilience strategies.
- Experience working with the private sector and ideally the consulting sector.
- Knowledge of corporate reporting and commitment frameworks related to Net Zero and climate resilience such as the TCFD, Science Based Targets, the Corporate GHG Protocol and Scope 3 reporting.
- Strong network in the climate change and climate adaptation sector.
- Experience with communications related to Climate Change and Climate Resilience, including preparing and giving presentations, drafting reports and blogs, and contributing to high quality reports.
Joining our team will give you:
- Competitive salary with a range of voluntary and anytime benefits available to meet your own lifestyle choices via our salary sacrifice scheme
- Annual salary reviews
- Generous basic holiday allowance of 26 days (rising to 31 days with the accrual of loyalty days) in addition to bank holidays
- Fantastic training and development culture
Waterman Group is a multidisciplinary consultancy providing sustainable solutions to meet the planning, engineering design and project delivery needs of the property, infrastructure, environment and energy markets. We support private and public clients on their journey to achieving Net Zero and help them plot a course to becoming climate-resilient. Across a range of disciplines, our award-winning technical experts advise clients on significant priorities such as Air Quality, Ecology, Environmental Assessments, Transport and Waste and provide clients with multidisciplinary climate resilience support.
All interviews are currently being carried out online to ensure the continued safety and welfare of our staff. During the current and ongoing pandemic our employees continue to work from home, where they are able to do so; and our offices remain open and covid secure for circumstances where remote working is not feasible and this is reviewed on a case to case basis.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com or complete and submit the form below.
All applications will be treated in confidence.
Waterman is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity.
*where a level of experience is indicated, this is a guideline only and represents the amount of time we would usually expect a candidate to accumulate the requisite level of experience. This does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience.