Climate Resilience (Principal or Senior), Corporate Strategy Environmental Management and Due Diligence
Waterman Infrastructure & Environment
Location: Flexible, though very regular attendance at our London office is expected.
Salary: Competitive, according to skills and experience
Waterman Infrastructure and Environment (WIE) is a multidisciplinary consultancy providing sustainable solutions in the infrastructure and environment markets. WIE is increasing its focus on climate resilience, supporting private and public infrastructure clients on mitigation and achieving Net Zero as well as preparing for both the transition and physical risks of climate change. WIE has award-winning technical expertise across a range of disciplines – including Air Quality, Ecology, Environmental Assessments, Transport and Waste – representing a significant opportunity to provide clients with multi-disciplinary climate resilience support.
Waterman Infrastructure and Environment Environmental Management and Due Diligence is seeking an enthusiastic and talented professional with a passion for and experience in climate resilience to be part of its growing team.
The team is providing an increasing number of clients with new tools, analysis and strategic advice related to Corporate Net Zero targets, climate scenario modelling and climate resilience reporting including GRESB and TCFD. The team is also focussed on the relaunch of Waterman Greenspace (www.legalregister.co.uk) with the objective to deliver our strapline “Your Space for Everything Green”. It provides a web platform for companies to display their environmental credentials and demonstrate progress through consultant-supported management system applications. The Principal will work directly with the EMDD team and clients to develop a range of climate resilience products and services, including developing and promoting the concept of a “Climate Management System” on the Greenspace platform.
The role presents an exciting opportunity for growth for the candidate and the wider team.
- Overall supporting the team’s Regional Director to further develop opportunities related to climate resilience.
- Undertaking desk-based research for specific projects and business development.
- Tracking developments in Climate Resilience through social media and networking.
- Expanding and maintaining Waterman’s networks and relationships in the areas of sustainability, climate change and Climate Resilience.
- Preparing drafts of reports, presentation or other outputs as needed for projects and business development.
- Continuing to develop climate related aspects of client Greenspace sites and support the development of new Greenspace applications.
- Liaising with existing and potential corporate clients and supporting the development of proposals and outputs in line with client needs.
- Working across the organisation to support multi-discipline bids and projects by contributing climate resilience knowledge and insights.
- Contributing to internal and external presentations, reports and digital marketing on topics related to climate resilience.
- Work with the team to support Environmental Management System and Due Diligence projects when required.
- University Degree in a relevant discipline – such as climate change, environmental science, engineering, or urban planning.
- Significant experience (five plus years*) working on climate change and/or climate resilience strategies.
- Experience working with the private sector.
- Knowledge of corporate reporting and commitment frameworks related to Net Zero and climate resilience such as the TCFD, Science Based Targets, the Corporate GHG Protocoland Scope 3 reporting.
- Strong network in the climate change and climate adaptation sector.
- Experience with communications related to Climate Change and Climate Resilience, including preparing and giving presentations, drafting reports and blogs, and contributing to high quality reports.
All interviews are currently being carried out online to ensure the continued safety and welfare of our staff. During the current and ongoing pandemic our employees continue to work from home, where they are able to do so; and our offices remain open and covid secure for circumstances where remote working is not feasible and this is reviewed on a case to case basis.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or complete and submit the form below.
All applications will be treated in confidence.
Waterman is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity.
*where a level of experience is indicated, this is a guideline only and represents the amount of time we would usually expect a candidate to accumulate the requisite level of experience. This does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience.