Initially a 6 month contract for survey season
Waterman Group plc is a leading international multi-disciplinary engineering and environmental consultancy, providing sustainable solutions to meet the planning, engineering design and project delivery needs of the property, infrastructure, energy, and environmental markets. Due to our expanding workload Waterman Infrastructure & Environment are currently recruiting for a contract Ecologist to strengthen our teams in our Leeds/Manchester offices. The role will include working on local and national projects and regular co-operation and inter-office working with other regional teams, in line with Waterman’s ‘One Team’ culture.
This is an exciting opportunity for the chosen candidates work within a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team on a wide range of high profile projects. The role will provide variety, working throughout the UK on rail, residential and mixed use development sites, through to developments where smaller scale surveys and/ or technical advice is sought.
The successful candidate will be degree qualified with the minimum of 1 years* relevant consultancy experience in the UK. Candidates will ideally possess and be able to demonstrate:
• A knowledge of ecological legislation and planning policy in the UK
• Experience of coordinating and undertaking tasks for Preliminary Ecological Appraisals (PEA)
• Experience of coordinating and undertaking protected species and habitat surveys such as bats, GCN and reptiles
• Work experience of rail projects and holding a Sentinel card with PTS would be advantage
• Membership of CIEEM
• Excellent report writing skills
• The ability to work autonomously but also as part of a team, with good oral and written communication skills experienced in liaison with external parties and other design team members
• Hold a full UK driving licence and willing to travel throughout the UK for survey work.
We are looking for people who are excellent team players and have a proactive and positive attitude. Waterman is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity.
*where a level of experience is indicated, this is a guideline only and represents the amount of time we would usually expect a candidate to accumulate the requisite level of experience. This does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience.
Please email covering letter and CV to email@example.com
All applications will be treated in confidence.
Closing date: 30th July 2019.