Maternity Cover (opportunity to become permanent)
Great opportunity for a talented and driven Creative Writer to join Waterman Group’s Communications team in London to help raise our brand awareness and drive our digital presence.
Roles & Responsibilities
This role is a maternity cover with the opportunity to become permanent for the right person.
Our Group Communications team offer a fun, flexible and multi-tasking environment and we are looking for an enthusiastic person who can write, edit and proof-read high-quality content for our website and in-house magazine, as well as creating exciting staff blogs within a timely manner.
This role will also offer a variety of other interesting initiatives, such as preparing presentations and social media monitoring. There will be a lot of room for individual creativity and development as you will be able to work across all our disciplines and write appealing content to a wide range of stakeholders.
Your role will involve:
• Daily management of our editorial calendar
• Develop relevant and timely content
• Interview staff on their careers, CSR initiatives and projects
• Contribute to editorials in our company magazine, Waterman Times
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Confidence in writing across multiple tones of voice and medial channels to suit our audience
• Exceptional editing and proof-reading of other people’s work and your own
• Experience in using and writing for social media
• Project management
• Editing skills in Photoshop
• Experience of working with Graphic Designers
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Ability to communicate complex issues
• An ambition to understand and develop technical/digital skills to facilitate your writing
Ideal Skills (not essential):
• Background or qualification in Journalism, PR or Marketing
• Experience working in WordPress or other content management systems
• Understanding of SEO
• Experience in content planning and scheduling
• Use of Creative Suite (InDesign)
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity, then we’d like to hear from you as soon as possible.
Please send your CV along with two short writing examples to firstname.lastname@example.org (no agencies).
• Salary: (depending on experience)
• Start Date: November 2017