Experienced EIA Professionals
Location: London or Redhill
Given the growth in our service line, we are currently seeking to recruit additional experienced EIA professionals at either project manager or director level across our South East offices – London and Redhill.
Waterman has an exceptionally strong EIA team, working on a diverse range of complex, high-profile urban regeneration and large infrastructure schemes. We also have a wide variety of project work at the smaller-scale, including mixed use, retail, residential, leisure, healthcare, education, ports / harbours, road and rail schemes. We work throughout the project lifecycle including masterplans and feasibility studies, Strategic Environmental Assessment, planning applications, Sustainability Appraisals, Water Framework Directive Assessments and Environmental Management Plans.
Our team is seeking talented individuals with a strong track record of EIA project delivery. Successful candidates will have a fantastic opportunity to join a friendly, highly-rated professional EIA team with a strong reputation for quality.
Core responsibilities will include:
• Co-ordination/direction of a variety of EIA projects, including budget control.
• Preparation and project management of Environmental Statements and related deliverables.
• Client liaison and development of client and key influencer relationships.
• Contribution to business development.
• Contribution to various initiatives, such as development of new services and training.
• Preparation of fee proposals and assistance with bids and commercial pitches.
• Autonomous working with excellent communication skills (including technical report writing).
• Team leadership, mentoring and development of junior colleagues commensurate to position.
The candidate we are seeking should ideally have:
• A positive and proactive approach.
• An appropriate degree (membership of IEMA preferred).
• A minimum of 5 years relevant experience
• A successful track record of EIA co-ordination / project management (including budget control).
• Experience in providing technical input into environmental projects or environmental aspects of larger projects.
• A thorough understanding of EIA, including best practice guidelines, planning processes, environmental assessment methods and case law.
• Excellent report writing, communication and project management skills.
• Excellent client liaison skills.
• The ability to work as part of a team, supervise / support more junior members of staff and deliver integrated services.
• A full UK driving licence, and confidence in driving.
The opportunity within Waterman will offer excellent career progression to strong performing candidates.
Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience. Waterman also offers the ability to salary sacrifice on a wide range of benefits that meet your personal lifestyle choices.
If you would be interested in joining our team, to apply, please complete and submit the form below. All applications will be treated in confidence.
Waterman is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity.