Graduate Archaeological Consultant
We are currently seeking a Graduate Archaeological Consultant to join our growing Historic Environment Team in Bristol.
Waterman offers the potential to be involved in large and prestigious projects throughout the UK. The project sectors we are currently involved in include mixed use, retail, residential, leisure, healthcare, education, ports / harbours and infrastructure based redevelopment schemes at a variety of scales.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the completion of Desk-Based Assessments and Environmental Statement Chapters, as well as Written Schemes of Investigation. Where necessary, you will undertake archival research, compile archaeological data, visit regional Historic Environment Records and undertake site visits to support the completion of assessments. Opportunities will also exist for involvement in the commissioning, management and monitoring of fieldwork.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2 years’ post-qualification professional experience*, together with the following:
• A degree in Archaeology or directly relevant subject;
• Good knowledge and understanding of British archaeology;
• Experience of undertaking archival and documentary research;
• Experience of working on archaeological excavations and/or surveys;
• Good written and verbal communication skills; and
• A full clean driving licence.
The following would also be an advantage:
• Membership of the Chartered Institute for Archaeologists (Practitioner) but if not yet achieved, note that membership is actively encouraged;
• Knowledge of the UK planning system;
• Experience of using GIS (preferably ArcGIS) and CAD in archaeological projects;
• Experience of using OASIS/ADS;
• Experience of producing or contributing to written archaeological reports, and
• CSCS cardholder.
We are looking for people who are excellent team players and have a proactive and positive attitude towards working on, and delivering, projects on time and to budget. The role offers excellent career progression opportunities to strong performing candidates, within a friendly and professional team that is proud of the quality of the service it delivers to its clients.
Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience. Waterman also offers the ability to salary sacrifice on a wide range of benefits that meet your personal lifestyle choices.
If you would be interested in joining our team, to apply, please complete and submit the form below. All applications will be treated in confidence.
Waterman is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity.
*where a level of experience is indicated, this is a guideline only and represents the amount of time we would usually expect a candidate to accumulate the requisite level of experience. This does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience.