Waterman Infrastructure & Environment
Responsible to: Associate/Technical Director
As a Graduate you will be involved in a wide range of projects throughout the UK. We encourage and develop our people, and provide them with a varied workload and the autonomy to work individually, as well as giving them the opportunity to make a valued contribution to the team. Reporting to an Associate/Technical Director, you will support them in delivering projects effectively to strict deadlines, whilst maintaining technical performance standards.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
There are various duties and responsibilities central to the role and these will assist you in reaching your full potential;
(1) To work as part of a team delivering high quality engineering designs and drawings
(2) To prepare engineering designs, drawings and specifications in accordance with the Company’s management systems under guidance
(3) To comply with the Company’s safety and IMS procedures
To perform your role as a Graduate, you will also be expected to demonstrate a number of competencies, as detailed below;
(1) Business & Financial Management
(2) Business Development
(3) Project Management
(5) Team Working & Communication
(6) Health & Safety
• Hold membership of an appropriate professional institution, with a view to achieving Chartered or Incorporated status
• Shall have an awareness of commercial issues
• Have the drive and self-motivation to continuously develop your skills
• Be able to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and to be able to build and develop relationships, both internally and externally
• Ability to apply technical knowledge in analysing problems and creating solutions
• Have excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong attention to detail
• Ability to work on your own initiative
• Be reliable and have a responsible attitude to work
The benefits include a competitive salary according to skills and experience, together with a comprehensive range of both ‘voluntary’ and ‘anytime’ benefits’ to match your lifestyle choice.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or complete and submit the form below.
Closing date: 29th March 2019
All applications will be treated in confidence.
Waterman is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity.
*where a level of experience is indicated, this is a guideline only and represents the amount of time we would usually expect a candidate to accumulate the requisite level of experience. This does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience.