Graduate Geotechnical Engineer
Waterman Infrastructure & Environment
Salary: Competitive, according to skills and experience
As a Graduate Geotechnical Engineer in our London Geotechnical team, you will have the opportunity to broaden your experience and work with a range of public and private sector clients on some key and major projects.
You will be involved in producing design solutions in line with current Eurocodes, reports specifications and drawings covering a range of project requirements within foundations and geotechnics. You will have the opportunity to get stuck in with our geotechnical engineers who work on numerical analysis.
You will deliver various geotechnical projects and provide technical solutions.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Design foundations and substructures associated with underground spaces such as earthworks and slope stability
- Assisting engineers to carry out 2D and 3D numerical modelling for soil/structure interaction issues associated with below-ground structures
- Assisting engineers to carry out 2D and 3D numerical modelling for ground movement and impact assessment analysis
- Travel to project sites when necessary for project delivery and client liaison meetings
We are looking for flexible and motivated graduates with a genuine passion and a desire to make a difference in the world. As a Graduate Geotechnical Engineer geotechnics, you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Degree in Civil Engineering with emphasis on soil mechanics / geotechnics (MSc/Meng)
- Have good understanding of numerical modelling – Although not essential, knowledge in PLAXIS 2D/3D numerical modelling software would be advantageous.
- Knowledge and experience in programming is highly desirable (Python, etc.)
- Using AutoCAD is not essential but would be
- Methodical approach to problem solving
- Willing to learn new knowledge and skills
- Ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members.
- Excellent written communication and attention to detail and be able to demonstrate accurate technical drawings and good report writing.
- Driving licence is not required but would be beneficial.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be treated in confidence.
Waterman is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity.
*Where a level of experience is indicated, this is a guideline only and represents the amount of time we would usually expect a candidate to accumulate the requisite level of experience. This does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience.
About Waterman Group:
Waterman Group is a multidisciplinary consultancy providing private and public sector clients with sustainable solutions to meet the planning, engineering design and project delivery needs of the property, infrastructure, environment, and energy markets.