Graduate Geotechnical Engineer
Location: Perth (Scotland)
As a Graduate Geotechnical Engineer, you will be degree qualified to MSc level or equivalent in Engineering Geology / Geotechnical Engineering.You will report to a Senior Geotechnical Engineer and primarily be responsible for assisting with the completion of Desk Studies, Coal Mining Risk Assessment Reports and the scoping and supervision of intrusive ground investigations. In addition to being proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, you will be required to undertake basic AutoCAD draughting work.
Under close direction and support, you will assist Senior Engineers with Geotechnical Design works including Slope Stability Assessments, Earthworks Designs and Specifications, Ground Improvement Works and the like.
The role is within our Perth based Geotechnical Team who provide a Specialist Service Line support to the business nationally and work closely with colleagues in Geo-Environmental / Contaminated Land Service Line. A working knowledge of Contaminated Land assessments and investigations would be advantageous.
This will be an office-based role, but from time to time you may be required to work away from the office including sites which could be at any location within the UK.
• Degree qualified to MSc (or equivalent) in Engineering Geology / Geotechnical Engineering
• 1 to 2 years’ experience working within the engineering industry
• Knowledge of / ability to undertake Desk Study Reports
• Knowledge of / ability to undertake Coal Mining Risk Assessment Reports
• Knowledge of / ability to implement Ground Investigation Specifications
• Awareness of Ground Investigation Forms of Contract
• Good communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Knowledge of / ability to use AutoCAD
• A working knowledge of Contaminated Land assessments and investigations would be advantageous
To apply, please complete and submit the form below together with a copy of your CV.
All applications will be treated in confidence.
Waterman is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity.