Intermediate Electrical Design Engineer
Salary: £28,000 to £33,000 per annum
Waterman Group is a multidisciplinary consultancy providing sustainable solutions to meet the planning, engineering design and project delivery needs of the property, infrastructure, environment and energy markets.
An opportunity has arisen within Waterman’s Building Services team for the position of Intermediate Electrical Design Engineer. This role will provide you with the opportunity to design electrical services in many sectors of the industry and is client facing, representing the Company at all levels.
As an Intermediate Engineer you will potentially be involved in a range of projects from small site surveys through to multi million pound schemes. with a varied workload and will exhibit the autonomy to work individually, but you will also assist in planning and managing an appropriate resource to deliver projects. Reporting to the project Associate or Director and possibly working with a Senior Engineer, you will provide support as part of a team in delivering projects effectively to strict deadlines, whilst maintaining technical performance standards.
Desired Skills and Experience
1. Degree qualified with up to 3 years post graduate specific engineering experience, alternatively, HNC/HND or equivalent qualifications with a minimum 5 years relevant experience
2. Masters Qualified or currently working towards is non-essential but desirable
3. Hold membership of an appropriate professional institution, with a view to becoming Chartered
4. Shall have a basic understanding of commercial issues.
5. Have the drive and self-motivation to continuously develop your skills
6. Be able to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and to be able to build and develop relationships, both internally and externally.
7. Ability to apply technical knowledge in analysing problems and creating solutions
8. Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong attention to detail
9. Ability to work on your own initiative
10. Be reliable and have a responsible attitude to work
1. Good understanding of engineering principles and their application to projects
2. Validation of design calculations and output from computer programmes
3. Ability to produce good, reliable work with minimum supervision
4. Ability to undertake site visits/fieldwork with minimum supervision
5. Ability to write clear, concise reports
6. Ability to listen to and take on board constructive guidance
7. Ensure timely delivery of projects to an adequate standard
8. Support the development and provision of technical work in your areas of expertise
9. Be familiar with and be able to use the following software packages
e. Cymap (non-essential but desirable)
f. Revit MEP (non-essential but desirable)
To apply, please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com
All applications will be treated in confidence.
Waterman is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity.