Junior GIS Technician
Waterman Infrastructure & Environment
Location: London(hybrid working available)
Salary: Competitive, according to skills and experience
Do you have a key interest in Geographic information systems? Looking for the opportunity to help shape the future of the Ecology, Heritage and Land quality? Would you like to get involved with delivering some of the world’s most exciting projects and join a dynamic, growing team who are at the forefront of sustainable design? If so, we want you to join our team in London!
Based in our office a stone’s throw from Borough Market in the heart of Southwark’s thriving Bankside, our welcoming and diverse team are working on some of the most prestigious and innovative projects in the UK and across the world. From sustainability-focused offices and commercial premises to cutting-edge healthcare facilities and from award-winning retail developments to major new residential communities, you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to schemes across a huge range of sectors.
You’ll have the opportunity to further develop your skills and experience by partnering with some of our most experienced engineers through our mentoring programme.
This is an exciting time for Waterman as we continue to support the delivery of a net zero built environment, whilst our own journey to net zero also gathers pace. Our innovative and collaborative culture means that you’ll get to work with experts from across our business, and you’ll have the chance to put all the latest sustainable design techniques in to practice.
As a Junior Technician you will be involved in real projects from day one, with exposure to some high-profile projects across the UK. We encourage and develop our people, and provide them
with a varied workload and the autonomy to work individually, as well as giving them the opportunity to make a valued contribution to the team. Reporting to the Digital Team, you will support them in delivering projects effectively to strict deadlines, whilst maintaining technical performance standards.
Although we’re happy to consider applicants with more or less experience, you’ll ideally have qualifications, experience or skills in the following areas:
- Work as part of a team delivering high quality plans and drawings
- Be familiar with basic administrative procedures, including timesheets and expenses
- Comply with the Company’s safety and IMS procedures
- Collaborate with colleagues to share work and maximise utilisation
- Have a good general education history with relevant qualifications
- Have the drive and self-motivation to continuously develop your skills
- Be able to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and to be able to build and develop relationships, both internally and externally
- Be reliable and have a responsible attitude to work
- Basic understanding of AutoCAD, ArcGIS and Adobe Creative Suite
- Computer literate and familiar with Office 365 and Teams
- Degree not essential
Joining our team will give you:
- Competitive salary and benefits package with annual salary reviews
- 26 days holiday per year, rising to 31 days with loyalty days, plus bank holidays
- Hybrid working arrangements
- Fantastic training and development culture
- Access to mentoring support from industry experts
- Opportunity to play a key role in exciting and varied projects
- Fast-tracked career progression for the right candidates
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you’d be a great fit for our team to email@example.com, or complete and submit the form below. All applications will be treated in confidence. Waterman is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity.
About Waterman Group:
Waterman Group is a multidisciplinary consultancy providing private and public sector clients with sustainable solutions to meet the planning, engineering design and project delivery needs of the property, infrastructure, environment and energy markets.