Salary: Competitive Salary plus comprehensive Flexible Benefits Package
Waterman’s Infrastructure and Environment team seeks an experienced planning consultant to join its waste permitting and planning service at its central London office.
We prepare planning applications and environmental permit applications for a range of waste management activities (typically not requiring the preparation of an Environmental Statement).
We wish to recruit a consultant to assist primarily in the preparation of planning applications. The successful applicant will also be expected to contribute to linked environmental permit applications made to the Environment Agency.
You will be a waste specialist with a demonstrable track record in devising and preparing planning applications for waste facilities. You will probably come from a consulting or waste industry background and may also have gained an element of your planning experience in a public sector setting.
You will likely:
- be a graduate of an RTPI accredited bachelor or master’s degree course;
- have not less than 2 years post qualification experience;
- have first-hand experience of a range of operational waste management facilities;
- be able to:
- work with minimal supervision and produce high quality written material;
- identify and appraise local development plan documents and prepare policy appraisals; and
- demonstrate knowledge of the potential negative impacts of waste facilities (e.g. potential nuisance or pollution potential).
You will have demonstrable project management and co-ordination skills and experience of bringing together the findings of such technical reports into supporting statements.
You will have excellent written English language skills. You will be tenacious, hardworking, adaptable and want to work as part of a multidisciplinary environmental consultancy team.
In return Waterman offers a competitive salary, flexible benefits package and an excellent and dynamic team environment.
To apply, please complete and submit the form below. All applications will be treated in confidence.
Waterman is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity.
Note: no canvassers or recruitment consultants please.