Principal Engineer/ Associate Director – Civils & Infrastructure
Waterman Infrastructure & Environment
Salary: Competitive, according to skills and experience
Waterman Group plc is a leading international multi-disciplinary engineering and environmental consultancy, providing sustainable solutions to meet the planning, engineering design and project delivery needs of the property, infrastructure, energy, and environmental markets.
Waterman Infrastructure & Environment (part of the Waterman Group) are currently recruiting for a Principal Engineer or Associate Director to lead and expand our Civil’s Infrastructure Team in Bristol. Whilst predominantly based in the South West, the role will include regular co-operation and inter-office working with other regional teams in line with our ‘One Team’ culture.
As an NCE Top 100 Company we provide high quality technical support to the public sector, banks, property, private equity and blue chip clients. These multi-national clients have a diverse range of operations throughout the world, which require a coordinated support at a local level.
Our Bristol office is currently delivering a range of engineering projects in the South West which require bespoke approaches and understanding of a client’s individual requirements and priorities. The role would suit an individual with a high degree of technical competence that is able to oversee the delivery of projects, manage the team and importantly maintain and develop client relations as part of our multidisciplinary offer.
Based in our Bristol city centre office, the successful candidate will ideally be able to demonstrate qualification and good experience in the following areas:
- Educated to a minimum Degree level in Civil Engineering, or equivalent;
- Chartered Engineer status with relevant professional institution;
- Experience in managing and leading client relationships, reporting on progress and managing work within budget and to programme;
- Able to check and sign off technical design work
- Experience in the planning, design and construction of residential, commercial and industrial developments from conception to technical approval;
- Leading on a range of projects or acting as technical discipline lead for larger projects
- Experience in working in collaborative teams with clients, contractors, external design team members, local authorities, statutory bodies and other third parties;
- Leading and mentoring a small team of engineers and technicians located in the local office or other offices across the country.
- Experience of working within project teams and supervising team members, including mentoring junior staff to become Chartered;
- Design and specification of civils drainage, earthworks and / or highways;
- An understanding of service utilities, drainage and external works design and modelling;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to prepare reports on technical matters;
- Use of technical design tools such as MicroDrainage, Civils 3D and AutoCAD, or equivalents.
We are looking for people who are excellent team players, driven to excel in their chosen field, but also have the courage to stretch their horizons and can offer the opportunity to help in the management of the wider office and to develop and grow a successful team.
The role offers excellent career progression opportunities within a friendly and professional team that is proud of the quality of the service it delivers to its clients, and a clear vision for innovation. The benefits include a competitive salary according to skills and experience, together with an excellent flexible benefits package.
Waterman is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity.
To apply, please email covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the form below.
All applications will be treated in confidence.