Principal Transport Planner/Engineer
Infrastructure & Environment
Salary: Competitive, according to skills and experience
PURPOSE OF POST
As a Principal Transport Planner / Engineer you will be involved in real projects from day one, with exposure to some of the most prestigious projects in the UK. We encourage and develop our people, providing them with a varied workload and the autonomy to work individually, as well as giving them the opportunity to make a valued contribution to the team.
Reporting to an Associate/Technical Director, you will support them in delivering projects effectively to strict deadlines, whilst maintaining technical performance standards.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
There are various duties and responsibilities central to the role and these will assist you in reaching your full potential:
(1) To work as part of a team delivering high quality transport planning, modelling and technical reports, and (where necessary) engineering designs / drawings;
(2) To produce all outputs in accordance with the Company’s management systems;
(3) To develop and maintain an effective network of contacts;
(4) Supervision of staff, checking of design calculations, drawings and outputs prepared by others;
(5) To keep abreast of industry best practice and new developments in own area of technical expertise;
(6) To assist in setting and maintaining technical standards;
(7) To comply with the Company’s safety and IMS procedures;
(8) To review and approve work prepared by others.
To perform your role as a Principal Transport Planner / Engineer, you will also be expected to demonstrate a number of competencies, as detailed below:
(1) Business & Financial Management
(2) Business Development
(3) Project Management
(4) Technical Competence
(5) Team Working & Communication
(6) Health & Safety
• Degree qualified Chartered Engineer / Chartered Transport Planner in a relevant discipline, or an Engineer with lower qualifications but a minimum 15 years relevant experience;
• Shall have a proven commercial awareness;
• Have the drive and self-motivation to continuously develop your skills;
• Be able to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and to be able to build and develop relationships, both internally and externally;
• Be able to demonstrate developing and maintaining an effective network of contacts;
• Ability to apply technical knowledge in analysing problems and creating solutions;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong attention to detail;
• Ability to work on your own initiative and motivate others;
• Be reliable and have a responsible attitude to work.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or complete and submit the form below.
All applications will be treated in confidence. Waterman is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity. Where a level of experience is indicated, this is a guideline only and represents the amount of time we would usually expect a candidate to accumulate the requisite level of experience. This does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.