Senior Landscape Architect
Waterman Infrastructure & Environment
Salary: Competitive, according to skills and experience
Waterman Infrastructure & Environment Ltd is a multi-disciplinary environmental and engineering consultancy operating across the UK with a strong profile in the infrastructure and environmental markets. We are currently seeking to appoint a Senior Landscape Architect to join our expanding landscape team with a position in the Bristol office.
This is an exciting opportunity for the chosen candidate to work within a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team on a wide range of high profile projects. We have a strong workload and are looking to build our Landscape Team. Reporting to the National Team Leader, you will have responsibility to drive project delivery to meet the required high standards and programme deadlines, liaise with clients and project managers and help support and mentor the development of junior team members.
Candidates for the post must have:
- 3 to 5* years’ post chartership experience;
- Good graphic and design skills with excellent attention to detail and well-organised and succinct report writing abilities;
- Good project management, including excellent verbal and written skills and communication;
- Skills and experience in the planning process and compiling LVIA/ TVIA and ES Chapters;
- Strong organisational capabilities;
- Sound understanding of AutoCAD, Adobe Suite and Photoshop; and
- Full and clean driving license.
Candidates for the post will be required to undertake a range of duties including:
- Site visits/fieldwork across the UK;
- Analysis and data collection with guidance and direction;
- Preparation of factual and interpretative reports, including LVIA, TVIA, ES Chapters and Landscape Specifications;
- Supervision and mentoring of more junior staff;
- Communication with other discipline leads and project managers;
- Administrative procedures, including timesheets and expenses; and
- Assisting with bid preparations.
Project experience will range from drawing and graphic production, report writing through to site survey work, with wider opportunities to support our ecology and arboriculture experts with survey work. We are also offering responsibility for continued development of the team and a key role in supporting more junior staff in their career development and P2C.
We are looking for people who are excellent team players, driven to excel in their chosen field, but also have the courage to stretch their boundaries. You should have a proactive and positive attitude towards developing your professional career and skills to provide a high-quality service to our clients.
The benefits include a highly competitive salary according to skills and experience together with the ability to sacrifice salary on a wide range of benefits that meet your personal lifestyle choices.
Waterman is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity.
Please email covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be treated in confidence.
Closing date for applications: 15th July 2022
*where a level of experience is indicated, this is a guideline only and represents the amount of time we would usually expect a candidate to accumulate the requisite level of experience. This does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience.