Senior/Principal Engineer/Associate Director – Highways and Infrastructure
Salary: Competitive salary, according to skills and experience
Waterman Group plc is a leading international multi-disciplinary engineering and environmental consultancy, providing sustainable solutions to meet the planning, engineering design and project delivery needs of the property, infrastructure, energy, and environmental markets.
Due to our expanding workload, Waterman’s Infrastructure & Environment team is currently recruiting for a Senior/Principal Engineer and Associate Director to undertake a pivotal role in leading an established team in delivering highways and infrastructure schemes in both the public and private sectors. These are key positions, offering an exciting opportunity for the right candidates to demonstrate and develop their project and team management skills on a diverse range of projects.
Whilst predominantly based in the West Midlands, the role will include regular co-operation and inter-office working with other regional teams in line with our ‘One Team’ culture.
Our award winning Infrastructure Team is one of the leading civil engineering consultancies delivering high quality technical support to the public sector, banks, property, private equity and blue chip clients.
Our multi-national clients have a diverse range of operations throughout the world, which require coordinated support at a local level. Projects that are being delivered from the Birmingham office include retail parks, urban regeneration, housing, public transport infrastructure and public highway schemes.
Based at our office in Birmingham, the successful candidate will ideally be able to demonstrate qualification and good experience in the following areas:
• Incorporated or Chartered Engineer in the Civils or Highway field;
• A sound technical and practical knowledge of highways and drainage infrastructure, ideally in both the public and private sectors working on housing, retail and commercial development schemes;
• A detailed working knowledge of, and experience of using, DMRB and local authority standards;
• Ability to carry out, review and check technical agreements including S278 and S38 agreements;
• Experience in liaison with clients, local authorities, statutory bodies and other third parties, including external design team members;
• Proven Project and team management skills;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to prepare reports on technical matters;
• Experience of working within project teams and supervising team members;
• Ability to work to deadlines, within budget and to programme;
• Added benefits would be an interest in business development.
In addition to this, Principal Engineer and Associate Director levels would be expected to have experience in:
• Leading projects and acting as technical discipline lead for larger projects;
• Support the Technical and Regional Directors in the day to day management of the office;
• Mentoring and encouraging junior staff.
We are looking for people who are excellent team players, driven to excel in their chosen field, but also have the courage to stretch their boundaries. You should have a proactive and positive attitude towards working under pressure and team mentoring.
To apply, please complete and submit the form below together with a copy of your CV.
All applications will be treated in confidence.
Waterman is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity.