Senior Traffic Signal Engineer
Waterman Infrastructure & Environment
Salary: Competitive, according to skills and experience
Waterman Infrastructure & Environment (WIE) continually seek to develop and nurture new talent within the business, prioritising the development and promotion of internal staff into senior management roles.
You will report to the Associate Director (Transport Planning) and be responsible for Traffic Signals work within the Transportation Planning Team, supporting activities and tasks including scoping, development, delivery, construction, maintenance and co-ordination of our portfolio of Technology ITS projects across the business.
This list is not exhaustive and other activities may be required according to ongoing project work and Transportation Planning team requirements.
- You will have a breadth of previous experience within a similar role in Traffic Management and successfully delivering projects to time, cost and quality.
- You will also have excellent experience of the co-ordination of the design process.
- Extensive experience of all aspects of traffic signal engineering from feasibility and preliminary design through to commissioning will be key within this role.
- You will have extensive use and knowledge of TRANSYT and LinSig. As well as experience in specification and programming of microprocessor traffic signal controllers and the specification and validation of UTC / SCOOT and MOVA systems.
- Knowledge of working with engineering software packages such as AutoCAD would be beneficial.
- You will also have experience with supervising other team members, this may include mentoring, support, training and general guidance within their day-to-day activities.
- You will be a member of a professional body (IHE, CHIT, IET). The ability to travel and the flexibility to work from different offices / locations on occasion would be beneficial.
Waterman are looking for an experienced traffic engineer who will assist in the delivery of our existing portfolio of work and build on the continuing success and growth of our business in the Transportation Planning team.
This role will provide support within the existing Transportation Planning team and also develop capabilities for traffic signals engineering. You will play an important role in delivering a wide range of high-profile traffic engineering projects and also build our business further. The Senior Traffic Signals Engineer position supports the end-to-end service model from concept through design to delivery and then into maintenance. It includes support and delivering of technology / ITS / traffic signal projects for major clients such as Local Authorities and developers.
We can offer:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working policy
- Company pension scheme
- 26 days annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Annual company performance bonus scheme subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all.
We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
At Waterman, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Waterman
Waterman Group is a multidisciplinary consultancy providing sustainable solutions to meet the planning, engineering design and project delivery needs of the property, infrastructure, environment and energy markets.
Founded in 1952, the company has since grown into a leading engineering and environmental consultancy with offices throughout the UK, Australia and Europe. Waterman works with government agencies, local authorities, government-regulated industries and private sector clients to provide innovative, sustainable and economic solutions across a wide spectrum of business activities.
The firm has extensive experience in property and buildings, environmental consultancy, power and energy, roads, highways and rail infrastructure, urban and regional planning. Award winning teams provide professional consultancy services throughout the complete life cycle of the asset starting from initial surveys and concept planning, through to design, delivery, project management, supervision and on-going maintenance.
Waterman Group is part of CTI Engineering, the leading Japanese engineering consultancy. CTI provides professional consulting services related to civil engineering and construction works, including planning, research, design, and project management.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be treated in confidence.
Waterman is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity.
*Where a level of experience is indicated, this is a guideline only and represents the amount of time we would usually expect a candidate to accumulate the requisite level of experience. This does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience.
About Waterman Group:
Waterman Group is a multidisciplinary consultancy providing private and public sector clients with sustainable solutions to meet the planning, engineering design and project delivery needs of the property, infrastructure, environment and energy markets.