Structural Design Engineer
Location: Sheffield (hybrid working available)
Salary: Competitive, according to skills and experience
Are you a structural engineer looking to take the next step in your career? Would you like to get involved with delivering exciting projects and join a dynamic, growing team who are at the forefront of sustainable design? If so, we want you to join our Structures team in Sheffield !
Based in our office a stone’s throw from Sheffield Cathedral, our welcoming and diverse team has Clients including Blue chip Companies, Developers, D&B Contractors, and Project Managers.
Joining us you will have the opportunity to work on major projects in the UK with our Senior Directors, Key Clients, and their design teams including Architects. We are looking for people who are excellent team players and have a proactive and positive attitude towards working on, and delivering, projects on time and to budget. The role offers excellent career progression opportunities to strong performing candidates, within a friendly and professional team that is proud of the quality of the service it delivers to its clients.
As a Engineer you will be working as part of a team carrying out structural design and analysis of building structures. You will have the opportunity to develop your skills and experience through mentoring and development.
If you are a designer with experience in the use of advanced Structural Software including Robot, Masterseries, Etabs, Tedds, CSC Fastrac Building Designer, FEM and similar suites we would be pleased to review your CV. Our team is technologically focussed and we are always investing in new ways to improve the structural design industry.
This is an exciting time for Waterman as we continue to support the delivery of a net zero built environment, whilst our own journey to net zero also gathers pace. Our innovative and collaborative culture means that you’ll get to work with experts from across our business to develop your ideas, and you’ll have the chance to put all the latest sustainable design techniques in to practice.
Although we’re happy to consider applicants with more or less experience, you’ll ideally have qualifications, experience or skills in the following areas:
- A minimum of 3 years’ structural engineering design experience;
- Approaching Chartered Engineer status;
- Educated to masters degree level or equivalent in Civil/Structural Engineering;
- Excellent understanding of Eurocodes and design and analysis software;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work independently to tight deadlines;
- Exceptional organisational skills and the ability to plan and implement project work independently.
- Innovative and creative ideas
Joining our team will give you:
- Competitive salary and benefits package with annual salary reviews
- 26 days holiday per year, rising to 31 days with loyalty days, plus bank holidays
- Hybrid working arrangements
- Fantastic training and development culture
- Access to mentoring support from industry experts
- Opportunity to play a key role in exciting and varied projects
- IStructE Training
- Opportunity to be client facing and the chance to get involved with business development and marketing activities
- Fast-tracked career progression for the right candidates
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you’d be a great fit for our team to email@example.com, or complete and submit the form below. All applications will be treated in confidence. Waterman is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity.
About Waterman Group:
Waterman Group is a multidisciplinary consultancy providing private and public sector clients with sustainable solutions to meet the planning, engineering design and project delivery needs of the property, infrastructure, environment and energy markets.