Structural Engineer/ Senior Structural Engineer
Location: Nationally (London, Glasgow, Leeds, Manchester, Sheffield, Birmingham & Bristol)
Salary: Competitive, according to skills and experience
We are currently seeking Engineers / Senior Engineers to join the Structures team at various locations across the U.K.
Waterman offers the potential to be involved in large and prestigious projects throughout the UK and internationally. The project sectors we are currently involved in include commercial, mixed use, residential, healthcare, education, retail and leisure.
Successful candidates will ideally be able to demonstrate qualifications, experience of skills in one or more of the following areas:-
- A minimum of 3 years’ structural engineering design experience;
- Approaching Chartered or Chartered Engineer status;
- Educated to masters degree level or equivalent in Civil/Structural Engineering;
- Excellent understanding of Eurocodes and design and analysis software;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work independently to tight deadlines;
- Exceptional organisational skills and the ability to plan and implement project work independently;
- Innovative and creative ideas.
We are looking for people who are excellent team players and have a proactive and positive attitude towards working on, and delivering, projects on time and to budget. The role offers excellent career progression opportunities to strong performing candidates, within a friendly and professional team that is proud of the quality of the service it delivers to its clients.
As a Engineer / Senior Engineer you will be working as part of a team carrying out structural design and analysis of building structures. You will have the opportunity to develop your skills and experience through mentoring and development.
Sustainability and Net Zero Carbon is at the forefront of our designs and you will gain the opportunity of developing your skills and knowledge of sustainable designs to practical solutions.
What’s on offer for you as an Engineer / Senior Engineer:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Annual salary reviews
- Generous basic holiday allowance of 26 days (rising to 31 days with the accrual of loyalty days) in addition to bank holidays
- Fantastic training and development culture
- ICE Training Agreement
- Opportunity to be client facing and to run exciting and varied projects
- Opportunity to undertake business development and marketing activities
- Fast tracked career progression for the right dynamic candidates
All interviews are currently being carried out online to ensure the continued safety and welfare of our staff. During the current and ongoing pandemic our employees continue to work from home, where they are able to do so; and our offices remain open and covid secure for circumstances where remote working is not feasible and this is reviewed on a case to case basis.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or complete and submit the form below.
All applications will be treated in confidence.
Waterman is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity.
*where a level of experience is indicated, this is a guideline only and represents the amount of time we would usually expect a candidate to accumulate the requisite level of experience. This does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience.