Peruvian Wharf is a mixed-use scheme comprising of 946 residential units; 527m2 of commercial floorspace; 1,841m2 of flexible community floorspace; and public and private landscaped open space. It is located within a vacant 3.87 ha site directly adjacent to Peruvian Wharf and Plaistow Wharf in the Royal Docks, London Borough of Newham.
Capital and Provident Management Ltd
During acquisition Waterman was responsible for environmental due-diligence, and in line with the latest guidance, undertook site investigations including Type 3 intrusive asbestos materials survey, leading to fill remediation design.
Our Air Quality Team has contributed to reduce impacts and improve local air quality conditions for residential users as part of the design of the development.
We undertook the following Residential Mitigation Design Measures:
• Sealed windows proposed on all external, outward facing bedroom windows to mitigate against dust nuisance from the adjacent Wharfs;
• Winter gardens with openable glazed areas included on all external outward facing apartments;
• Traditional cantilever balconies with open balustrades provided on all internal courtyard facing apartments, and all apartment facades facing internally within the scheme;
• Proposed mechanical ventilation system for future users, which will be fitted with filters to remove NO2 from the air prior to ventilating the units;
• Built form being set back from the edge of the site boundary; and
• Landscaped buffer to the south of the building footprint which incorporates planting to trap windblown dust generated by the adjacent wharfs.