Annual General Meeting Statement
Waterman Group Plc, the international engineering and environmental consultant, will be holding its Annual General Meeting today.
Its Chairman, Roger Fidgen, will make the following statement, in addition to the recent Interim Management Statement dated 19 November 2013:
“Over recent months, excellent progress has been made on a range of projects where Waterman is providing engineering and environmental support. It is with great pleasure that I can update you on the following commissions:
- Waterman has provided technical support to Almacantar, the property investment and development company, for a recently announced 40,000m2 redevelopment of the Marble Arch Tower in London.
- At Battersea Power Station, Waterman’s environmental team has been appointed to provide Environment Impact Assessment services in relation to Phase 2 of the masterplan which relates to the transformation of the Grade II listed building.
- We are pleased that planning approval has been received for Westfield and Hammerson’s £1bn regeneration scheme of Croydon’s retail town centre on which Waterman provided structural advice.
- Following the recent acquisition of the One Angel Court site by Mitsui Fudosan with Stanhope in the Bank Conservation Area in central London, Waterman has been appointed to provide structural, building services and environmental advice on the design of the twenty four storey development.
- In Ireland, Waterman has been commissioned by Kennedy Wilson to provide civil and structural engineering design services for a major commercial and residential development at Sir John Rogerson’s Quay in Dublin Docklands.
- Following the Federal elections in Australia, Waterman has continued to secure new healthcare appointments including projects at Northern Hospital IPU tower and Werribee Mercy Hospital, Victoria. In addition, Waterman has been commissioned to provide building services advice on the new corporate head office for Bosch in Clayton, Victoria.
- In Sydney, we are providing engineering management support to Goodman Fielder for the rollout of upgraded food processing facilities in Australasia.
“We are experiencing continued growth in our core markets during the first four months of the current financial year which reinforces our targeted tripling of the adjusted profit before tax over the next three years. We look forward to giving further progress updates at our half year results in February 2014.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of our staff and shareholders for their continued support and valued contribution during the last financial year. We are continuing to recruit and I welcome all the engineers and environmental consultants who have joined Waterman over the last twelve months, during which period we have increased our technical headcount by 12%.”
– Ends –
For further information please contact: