Waterman appointed on Tile Hill Park and Ride Expansion in Coventry
We are delighted to have been appointed by the West Midlands Combined Authority to provide specialist consultancy advice for the proposed Tile Hill Park and Ride Expansion in Coventry.
The project forms part of the HS2 connectivity programme which aims to ensure the benefits from HS2 are spread as far as possible across the region.
As the largest infrastructure project in Europe, HS2 will be an economic catalyst for the Midlands and the Connectivity Programme aims to provide new or enhanced connections to the high-speed rail network, bringing the wider population to within 45 minutes of one of the two regional HS2 stations.
The existing park and ride facility at Tile Hill is at or near capacity on most days and several major housing allocations within close proximity demand is expected to further increase.
Waterman’s Infrastructure & Environment team has been appointed to help review expansion options and develop proposals for a preferred option. Our scope of services includes;
• Review of current and future demand
• Review potential expansion against policies and highway capacity
• Provide details of potential options to maximise opportunities to expand parking provision
• Stakeholder workshop to review potential options for expansion
• Provide details of recommended option for expansion including any phased delivery and associated infrastructure requirements
• Develop an initial outline business case to support the preferred option
• Produce a full package of information to enable full planning permission to be sought for the preferred option.
Ruth Jeffs, Regional Operations Director for the Midlands, commented; “We are delighted to have been appointed on this exciting project. There are key strategies in place to ensure the Midlands captures the benefits of HS2 and we look forward to playing our part in improving transport connectivity across the region.”