White City Sidings
The White City Development is a major new development for West London situated in an area of approximately 39 acres between Shepherd’s Bush to the south and Ariel Way to the north, with Wood Lane to the west and the A3220 and West London Line to the east.
As part of the works, the existing LUL sidings needed to be relocated from their current position at ground level to an adjacent position below ground. The new 16 road sidings and fan are self-contained within a concrete ‘box’ structure, which supports the retail development above. The works included:
- The concrete ‘box’ including: foundations, walls, roof, track slab and columns supporting the retail development over the sidings.
- Removal of Wood Lane Station (disused) and refurbishment of the pumping station on the eastbound Central Line.
- Track – 16 road sidings fan and feeder connecting to a Switches and Crossings (S&C) unit south of White City station at location of existing depot feeder.
- Traction power
- Supporting M&E – including: lighting, power, ventilation, fire suppression, smoke extraction, telecommunications equipment and security.
- New staff accommodation facility
- Permanent Way modifications to the Eastbound Central Line from south of White City Station to Bulwer Street including covered way, open cutting and tunnel.
- Conversion of 200m of open cutting to covered way both westbound and eastbound.