Waterman has extensive expertise in the production of in depth coordinated 3D Designs, produced using the industry standard Autodesk Revit design package. The Group have been utilising Revit for the production of 3D designs for a number of years and has have been an industry leader in the integration of 3D design practices into the design and construction process.
The use of 3D design services enables complex MEP services systems to be designed and detailed with greater accuracy and facilitates collaborative working within the design, construction and FM teams. Because our 3D modelling process develops a fully coordinated model incorporating the different design disciplines across the design teams, the resultant coordinated model combats the need for site driven coordination design changes ensuring engineering costs and installation time on site are all minimised.
We are fully experienced in producing BIM level 2 design and construction information on current and previous projects and are progressing with the development of the BIM level 3 strategies.
Our 3D Design experience provides us with the capability to provide the following services:
- Fully coordinated MEP and structure designs
- MEP and Structural designs integrated fully into the architectural 3D model
- All 3D Revit modelling produced to the National BIM Object Standard Guide
- Experienced in the implementation of the buildingSMART initiative on Construction Operations Building Information Exchange (COBie) BIM data standard
- Ability to provide models with fully embedded COBie data, or alternative client data collection platform
- Ability to host and conduct full clash detection services across a federated design team model
- Facility to import Revit 3D models into third party design software and export designs back to the model, streamlining design processed and reducing design time and improving accuracy of the design data
- Full 3D plantroom simulations with maintenance access simulations
- 3D building flythrough simulations