Our fire engineering team has a proven track record of providing a range of cost effective solutions to meet regulatory requirements and safeguard people, property and businesses. We have experience of both new build and refurbishment projects in a wide range of sectors and are well placed to serve any project.
Working closely with the architect and design teams, Waterman’s fire engineers help clients to achieve their goals by adopting a holistic and creative approach, whether protecting the aesthetic quality of the original design, minimising costs or maximising space.
We use Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) to accurately predict heat and smoke movement throughout a building, Computational Evacuation Modelling (CEM) and Finite Element Analysis (FEA) to rationalise the applied structural fire protection.
- Technical advice on all areas of fire and life safety on a variety of building types
- Fire safety strategies to demonstrate Building Regulation compliance
- Fire safety strategy drawings to demonstrate the principles of the fire strategy
- Means of escape assessment (including computational evacuation modelling)
- Fire resistance design (including structural fire engineering)
- Smoke management systems design, analysis testing
- Computational fluid dynamics (CFD)
- Computational Evacuation Modelling (CEM)
- Fire sprinkler system design and analysis
- Fire sprinkler void risk assessment
- Fire detection and alarm system design and analysis
- Compartmentation surveys
- Probabilistic risk assessment
- Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order Fire Risk Assessment