Carbon and Energy Management
Energy is increasingly an expensive commodity and being more efficient in its usage is a huge business opportunity which in many organisations is largely untapped.
Related to this is climate change and a wide variety of policy and legal drivers which require businesses to measure and understand their energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions.
One of the main advantages to measuring energy and carbon is being able to identify the main means to reduce emissions, and thus reduce costs and ensure compliance.
We can offer a wide range of energy and carbon management services for the corporate and built environment, such as strategic advice and monitoring. In addition, Waterman’s expertise in engineering means that we take our recommendations a step further, from design to full implementation. We provide a holistic approach which recognises that achieving success in this crucial area cannot be done through a ‘one-off hit’ but requires effective and on-going management.
Our key services in this area are:
- Compliance with ESOS and CRC legislative requirements
- Implementation of ISO 50001 and energy management systems
- Carbon, energy and climate change strategies
- Carbon footprints and greenhouse gas accounting
- Carbon and energy management plans
- Reporting and disclosure (including mandatory reporting)
- Energy audits
- Energy Performance Certificates
- Evaluation of energy requirements
- Feasibility appraisals for renewables options