Recognised by both planning and highway authorities for the company’s transportation expertise in development control, Waterman has been commended for its innovative and pragmatic approach to negotiations.
The development control climate in the UK and Ireland is changing which makes it particularly challenging. Waterman continues to research and identify the best and the most practical solutions that enables appropriate development to proceed, whilst ensuring suitable arrangements are secured to mitigate residual impacts. This includes carrying out detailed examinations of the appropriate role for all relevant forms of transport to make sure sustainability objectives are met.
The company’s success – and, more importantly, the contribution it makes to the success of clients’ representations – is due mainly to the following strengths:
- An emphasis on building strong working partnership with clients
- The ability to provide innovative solutions to technical and policy problems;
- An in-depth understanding of the planning process;
- A non-confrontational approach to negotiation; and
- An appreciation of the need to balance often competing demands across the full spectrum of planning issues.