Waterman has a proven track record of advising clients on all transport related matters associated with every type of land development to unlock the optimum development potential of sites, enable planning consent to be granted and facilitate construction.
This includes complex and controversial schemes that have previously been considered unviable economically, judged unpalatable by the planning authorities, or proved to be technically challenging to deliver.
Our capabilities cover all transport related aspects of the project lifecycle from initial feasibility, through planning, design, construction and hand-over, to post-occupation travel planning.
Acting as strategic transport advisors, engineers and expert witnesses, our dynamic teams collaborate effectively with clients, project teams and stakeholders to identify solutions to site-specific transport challenges that are fully coordinated and deliver our client’s desired outcomes. We achieve this by a) always establishing an in-depth understanding of the client’s project-specific goals and requirements, b) ensuring we have a thorough understanding of site-specific opportunities, constraints and risks, c) paying close attention to the robustness, presentation and articulation of supporting technical analysis and evidence base and d) effective stakeholder engagement based on a full appreciation of vested interests.
Our approach benefit our clients directly by:
- Increasing the likelihood of securing planning permission;
- Minimising project risk in both cost and time;
- Reducing opposition to development through greater stakeholder buy-in;
- Delivering better planned, well designed and more sustainable developments;
- Reducing planning delays; and
- Securing less onerous planning conditions and obligations that are commensurate with the scale of development and its level of impact.