Acoustics, Noise & Vibration
Unwanted noise and vibration is being increasingly recognised as a form of pollution that can impact on the physiological and psychological health of both human beings and wildlife.
In response to this, legislation and guidance has become increasingly stringent and now places increased obligations on developers and site operators to minimise the noise impacts of their operations. At Waterman we recognise this issue and have developed a dedicated team of acoustics consultants who can provide robust, pragmatic advice on how to minimise noise and vibration intrusion.
Through early and constructive engagement with stakeholders and consultees, we offer tailored solutions which can increase planning approval rates and reduce unnecessary expense. We also provide independent advice whilst staying client focused at all times. We believe in enabling development to take place on time and to budget, whilst ensuring that noise and vibration levels associated with the development are minimised.
Our service range is extremely broad covering the impacts of noise and vibration on the environment, people, structures and machinery. Our key areas of experience and expertise are:
Environmental Noise and Vibration
- Environmental Impact Assessments
- Planning and public inquiry support
- Predictive modeling using state of the art computational techniques, including noise mapping and air craft noise modeling
- Assessment of noise and vibration impacts from large scale; highways and rail projects following the guidance provided in CRTN, CRN,
WebTag & DMRB
- Noise and vibration monitoring of demolition and construction in accordance with guidance provided in BS5228 and BS6472
- Negotiation of Control of Pollution Act – Section 61 prior approval consents
- Preparation of noise and vibration control strategies and specifications
- Prediction of noise impacts from wind farms in line with ETSU-R-97
Industrial and Occupational Noise and Vibration
- Assessments for PPC Authorisation and Environmental Permits
- Assessment of industrial noise impacts in accordance with BS4142 and EA Horizontal Guidance H3
- Occupational noise and vibration exposure assessments in accordance with the Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2006 and the Control of
Vibration at Work Regulations 2005
Architectural and Building Acoustics
- Provision of specialist design advice with regards to new buildings in the education, health, leisure, commercial and industrial sectors
- Provision of specialist advice to design teams for new residential buildings
- Provision of consultancy services in relation to remedial measures for buildings which do not meet the required standard
- Pre-completion testing in compliance with Approved Document E of the Building Regulations
The Waterman Noise and Vibration Team are sponsor members of the Institute of Acoustics (IOA). The sponsor grade of membership is open to select companies and organisations with a substantial involvement in the field of acoustics.