Receptionist/ Team Administrator position – Glasgow
Watermans are seeking a Receptionist/Team Administrator to join our well rounded and dynamic team!
Based in our central Glasgow office in the hustle and bustle of Nelson Mandala place! Surrounded by lots of fun eateries, bars and restaurants you will be working in a fun and vibrant location with excellent transport links.
There are various duties and responsibilities central to the role of receptionist/secretary/administrator and in order to meet those requirements and for your continuing personal and career development, you need to be able to demonstrate, improve on and/or develop the following competencies to assist you in reaching your full potential.
- Project setup and Maintenance – using the Agresso system to accurately create new projects, and ensure these are updated, in particular with regard to cost budgets and fee estimates, in an efficient and timely manner.
- Prepare and update PID sheets for project control.
- Purchasing – all purchases must be supported by requisition and purchase order numbers prior to purchase, which includes for cheque requests to accounts. Purchases may be project or administrative related. Upon receipt of invoices/receipts, these must be reconciled with the purchase order number and authorised by a Director.
- Assist Team with Bid Management, obtaining and collating information for bids/tenders/PQQs. Presentation of such documents must be of the highest quality and contain no errors.
- Client liaison – in the absence of consultant team members, provide solution-orientated feedback to both internal and external clients; get to know the names of your teams’ client/contacts and pass on recorded information timely and/or pass caller to another member of the team who can help with any queries or potential new work.
- Answering and transferring calls promptly. If contact is unavailable, take a detailed message and pass on immediately. If internal contact is absent for a period of time, ensure that a colleague within that same team is aware of the call.
- Maintain and regularly update the Microsoft Outlook Calendar for the Consultant team;
- Assist with other consultant teams, if required, when other members of the administration/support team(s) are on holiday or away due to sickness absence;
- Integrated Management System (IMS) : Quality and Environmental Management systems: ensuring quality system is adhered to within your team and that the appropriate files are up to date. Responsibility also for completing project QA forms with relevant staff.
- Confidentiality maintained at all times – work carried out for your Director or any member of your technical team must not be disclosed to, or discussed with, any other members of staff/external contacts.
- Organise transport/accommodation arrangements, as required and approved by Director/Associate Director;
- Liaise with reception on general office supplies and office equipment maintenance;
- Demonstrate a high level of skill in project document control. Receiving, processing, filing incoming documents. Uploading documents to client server system such as Acconnex and 4Projects.
- Reviewing incoming and outgoing documents for QA compliance.
- Producing and updating document control tracker schedules on excel.
- Updating project team members of incoming and outgoing information status
- Demonstrate high level skills and knowledge of working with Microsoft office suite.
- Through training and support, maintain the required records on the Agresso system in support of the project management requirements of your team, including prompt completion of your own timesheets each week.
- Typing/formatting of general correspondence, for example letters, memos and meeting notes – distribute, despatch and file, as appropriate.
- Reports and plans : formatting, photocopying, collating and binding of reports in line with IMS requirements, quality checks and presentation procedures.
- Maintain project files, filing and other related documentation, both electronic and hard copy, in line with IMS procedures, as detailed on the Waterman Intranet.
- Ensure project files are up to date and provide meeting notes. Ensure location plans/addresses are provided for external meetings. Facilitate meetings with clients at Waterman offices – pre-book meeting rooms, notify reception and order/provide lunch/refreshments (where appropriate) and provide a meet and greet service on arrival. You must ensure that the meeting room is cleared once the meeting has finished.
Team Working and Communication
- Working collaboratively and efficiently with colleagues within your team. Demonstrate a ‘can do’, flexible approach in the work you carry out.
- Assist with other consultant teams/Group companies when other members of the support team(s) are on holiday or away due to other absences.
- Support the integration of new joiners to the team, ensuring that the Director has authorised computer access and log-on prior to their commencing employment. On first day ensure they are introduced to the wider team and initial induction is provided in liaison with your team colleagues.
- Report all or any absences of staff within your team to HR immediately they occur.
- Telephones – answer internal and external telephone calls (where appropriate) within three rings, taking and relaying messages as appropriate.
- Reception – greet visitors to the office in a welcoming manner
Health and Safety
- Completion of in-house health and safety training, via Safety media e-learning system;
- Ordering and maintaining PPE supplies for the office.
- Report any Health & Safety issues to your Director, Facilities Management/Office H&S Manager.
This job description is not exhaustive and you will be expected to carry out other duties appropriate to the responsibilities of the wider Group administrative/support team(s), as and when required.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you’d be a great fit for our team to firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete and submit the form below. All applications will be treated in confidence. Waterman is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity.
Please note – All interviews are currently being carried out online to ensure the continued safety and welfare of our staff. During the current and ongoing pandemic our employees continue to work from home, where they are able to do so; and our offices remain open and covid secure for circumstances where remote working is not feasible, and this is reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
About Waterman Group:
Waterman Group is a multidisciplinary consultancy providing private and public sector clients with sustainable solutions to meet the planning, engineering design and project delivery needs of the property, infrastructure, environment and energy markets.