The Swinburne ATC development at the University’s Hawthorn Campus comprises some 18,000 sqm of research and teaching space, including computer laboratories, PC2 and PC3 laboratories, strong cell and a 500-seat auditorium.
The development is a ‘five-Star’ Green Star rated development and includes the following low energy and ESD initiatives:
• Passive building design
• Active chilled beam technology.
• High efficiency chillers
• High efficiency boilers.
• Mixed mode ventilation.
• Naturally ventilated circulation spaces.
• Displacement ventilation.
• Natural lighting.
• Rainwater harvesting for sanitary flushing and irrigation.
• Solar domestic hot water panels.
• Exposed thermal mass for internal temperature stabilisation.
• Variable speed pumped reticulation systems.
• Cost planning and lifecycle analysis
• Collation of Green Star submission for a 5-star Education Design Rating (version 1)